Who doesn’t love an ooie-gooie quesadilla? It’s a national comfort food! However, this bar-food treat is often loaded with empty calories and fat. Well no one wants to live without this delectable deliciousness! Pull out that toaster oven and let’s create a healthy twist on the old time fav!
Time: 20-25 mins
- 1 brown rice, corn or whole wheat tortilla 1/4 c cooked lentils (Trader Joe’s pre-cooked; available in the pre-made salad section)
- 1/4 c finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1/4 c chopped spinach
- 1/4 c sliced or grated pepper jack almond cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped black olives
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees.
- Stuff the tortilla with lentils, tomatoes, green onions, spinach, almond cheese, salsa and black olives.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with additional salsa if desired. Enjoy the oogie-googie goodness without all the guilt!