California has finally been hit with some cold weather! What’s my favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Bake! Now we moved I thought I was not going to be able to have my yummy sweet treats unless we were at my parents house. Plus I would miss the smell of a house after a good baking session. So I have decided to give it a shot…cookies in the toaster oven! I found a great base mix from Whole Foods that is gluten and dairy free (another reason why I couldn’t just go to a bakery to pick up some cookies). 1, 2, 3 Gluten Free is an awesome base mix that is free of most nuts, dairy, gluten and wheat! Plus I love having a base mix…this way I can make a cookie that I am in the mood for!
And they turned out incredible even Anthony loved them! Scratch that he actually devoured them in 5 mins…haha.
Now the box makes 100 small cookies so I cut everything to 25%. My general health rule is to keep sweet treats for the weekend and elminate them during the week. Fewer cookies means I enjoy the ones I have and don’t go on a cookie binge.
Time: 10 mins to mix. 1 hr to refrigerate. 11 minutes to bake.
- 3/4 c 1,2,3 Gluten Free
- 1/4 Smart or Earth Balance
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c Trader Joe’s vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 c walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl combin mix, eggs, vanilla and softened Smart Balance.
- Add in chips and nuts.
- Roll dough in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat toaster oven to 375 degrees.
- Oil baking pan with Smart Balance.
- Space out evenly sized spoonfuls of the refrigerated dough, 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes. This amount of batter will make about 10-11 cookies.