I love Mexican food but hate the bloat I’m left with after. This weekend with the help of my picky taste buds I created this Black Bean Quinoa Goodness; high in fiber, protein and packed with an amazing nutritional punch!
Servers: 4 GREAT FOR LUNCH NEXT DAY!
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 1 can low sodium black beans
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 c chopped broccoli
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 c raw spinach leaves
- 1 diced shallot
- 1 tbsp goat feta
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 jar salsa
- In a rice cooker start the quinoa (1/2 c quinoa to 1 c water).
- Heat the fry pan to medium, add olive oil, shallots and broccoli. Cook for five minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, chives and chili powder cook down for another five minutes.
- Quinoa should be complete. Check and see if all water is evaporated; if so unplug rice cooker and uncover.
- Add spinach, quinoa and black beans to the fry pan. Stir until evenly mixed. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Serve the delish mix with salsa, feta cheese, and avocado…yum yum delish!