As a child I absolutely hated brussel sprouts…the smell, the taste, even the look of the strange things! This year I finally grew up and gave them a second try. The trick…marinating the mini-brussels of lettuce and then baking them. I mean who doesn’t like something crunchy and full of flavor??
Makes a great side dish or snack!
Time: 40 mins
- 2 1/2 c quartered brussel sprouts
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- crush black pepper
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
CHECK OUT SOME SWEET VIDEOS HERE:
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Mix the spicy brown mustard, garlic, olive oil, and crushed black pepper.
- Pour onto the quartered sprouts and allow marinate 5-10 mins.
- Place brussel sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 mins
- Remove from oven drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Put back in the oven for 5 mins