Saturday night Anthony and I returned home around midnight after a long day at Redlands Relay For Life. We had stopped for dinner and I had a glass of wine. Returning home still with a slight buzz I craved chips, crackers…anything snacky crunchy! I work pretty hard all week to keep my diet clean and lean….so don’t I deserve a binge? Or is it that I work so hard all week and really should not destroy it in one night just to satisfy my taste buds? Do I really want the tummy ache in the AM?
A light in my fuzzy brain finally went off …. my fav yummy filling snack … the Almond Butter Apple Butter Rice Cake!
Why I love this?
- Easy peasy
- Slightly sweet
- Creamy and fulfilling
- Feels like a cheat but isn’t!
Takes about: 5 min
- 1 tbsp all natural unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tbsp no sugar added Fuji Apple Butter (I love Ha’s from my local Farmer’s Market!) you can also use jam or jelly
- 1 white or brown rice cake
- Spread it any way you like and take a huge bite!! Told you it was easy!