It’s Wednesday, officially the middle of the week! One thing that helps me conquer the later half of a crazy busy week is to tantalize my taste-buds. Yes I am still like a little kid waiting for that sweet treat after a job well done :). And yes during the week I would absolutely love to run to my fav restaurant for a hearty meal but realistically that is not a healthy ritual for my wallet or my waistline. But as always I am determined to have my cake and eat it too!
This is one of my favorite simply delicious lunches at home or on the go (I am usually the later…gotta love a good lunch box!).
Time: 15 mins
Why I love this dish:
- 2 c arugula
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1 sliced beet (Trader Joe’s pre-cooked…check the refrigerated section)
- 1/4 toasted walnuts (or raw)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh crushed black pepper
- If you would like the walnuts toasted. Sometimes I am in my 5 min lunch rush and I just throw them in raw. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread walnuts onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow walnuts to cool.
- Layer arugula, beets, walnuts, and goat cheese. Drizzle the balsamic and olive oil onto the salad. Top with fresh crushed black pepper.
- Arugula- high in fiber, B6, A, C, K, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, and low in calories and fat
- Walnuts- high in protein, calcium, omega-3 and iron
- Goat Cheese- high in calcium, protein, and A
- Beets- high in fiber, C, Potassium, Folate, and Iron