So most of my recipes are centered around quick and easy. Yes life tends to minimize the time we get to spend in the kitchen and it is so important to have those quick and easy healthfull recipes. But every once in awhile I like to put on some music and get lost in my cooking. There is something very therapeutic that comes along with using creative taste-buds in the kitchen. And the appreciation from those whom partake is something I will never complain about!
This recipe, Stuffed Squash and Lemon Chicken was born on one of those stress packed days that I just needed my solo cooking therapy. And excitingly it turned out incredibly tasty!
Time: 1-1.5 hours
Why I love this:
- Complex flavors
- Filling like you just consumed beef stuffed squash
- The silence you will find from your consumers as they chow down on HEALTH!
- 2 yellow squash, cut in half length wise
- 2 zucchini squash, cut in half length wise
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 ½ c chopped mushrooms
- ½ c lentils
- 1 ½ c raw spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp herbed chevre goat cheese
- 4 chicken breasts or 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp dried basil
- Crushed black pepper
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse chicken breast. Place chicken in bowl or Tupperware. Marinate chicken with 2 tsp granulated garlic, 2 tsp basil, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat a fry pan to medium. Add minced garlic, shallots, and coconut oil. Cook down for 3 minutes.
- Begin to core the squash so that you make little boats. Place the meat to the side.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add mushrooms, black pepper, and grapeseed oil. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Chop the squash meat. Add to the fry pan with paprika. Mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils and spinach leaves, reduce heat to low and allow mix to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Fill the boats with the freshly made filling. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- 10 minutes after the squash has started heat the fry pan to medium low. Once pan is heated place your chicken breast in pan. Flip every 5 minutes for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Once squash has completed 20 minutes of cooking, increase heat to 425 for another 5-10minutes. Squash is done with the shell is slightly soft and cheese is a light brown.
- Serve up your chicken breast and gorgeous stuffed squash!
Now I love this recipe when cooking for a little Friday night gathering for one of our double dates or just for us! The leftovers and wonderful!
Enjoy some kitchen therapy too!