Mother’s Day! A wonderful time to stop and really show mom how much you appreciate her.
My mom, Karen, is absolutely amazing! She has always stood by me and never once judged. She has always picked me up and dusted me off after my many mistakes in my life. She is absolutely my best friend. My mom is one of the individuals that first introduced me to cooking. Even at a young age she kept me involved. She showed me how important it was to eat healthy and be creative with your food!
This Mother’s Day I started off taking my mom and one of my incredible clients on a nice walk to get some delicious coffee. Then it was back to the house to make this delicious salad. This salad is great for this spring time heat wave, high in protein, and yummy enough to keep you coming back for seconds or maybe thirds!
Serves: 4-6 people (great for left overs the next day!)
Time: 20 minutes
- 5 c spinach leaves
- 1 c chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 c chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 c chopped celery
- 1 1/2 c chopped cucumber
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 cans of tuna; drained
- 2 avocados chopped
- crushed black pepper
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1-2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp spicy mustard
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- In a large bowl combine spinach lettuce, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, and tuna. Top with avocados and black pepper.
- For dressing combine olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, black pepper, mustard, and minced garlic in a salad dressing bottle or Tupperware.
- Serve it up!