Finally a evening Anthony and I were finally both home! What does this mean? Cooking lesson 1 for Anthony. Tonight squash lentil tacos with some homemade guac! Gluten free, dairy free and vegan! Yumminess!
Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 (great for leftovers!)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 mini portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 c cooked lentils (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s salsa
- 3 avocados
- 1 chopped roma tomato
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s corn tortillas
- Heat coconut oil, minced garlic, and shallot on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped squash. Mix thoroughly. Cook 2-4 minutes.
- Add chopped red bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook 2-4 minutes.
- Add lentils, 1/4 c salsa, chili powder and parsley. Mix thoroughly and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Start guac. In a medium sized bowl mix chopped avocado, tomatoes, green onion, garlic, and lemon juice. Mash and mix!
- Heat tortillas in toaster oven or keep room temp. Fill with delicious juicy squash lentil filling! Top with guac and salsa! And Enjoy!
Great thing about these tacos! You can have them for lunch the next day or have a taco bowl and skip the tortilla!