This fish is actually new to me but I absolutely love it! Artic Char is a cold water fish related to salmon and trout. I found this mystery in Trader Joe’s earlier this month and just had to try it! I found it to be much more light and flaky than my favorite fish, Salmon. Artic Char also has a more mild taste…perfect for those with sensitive fish taste buds.
This recipe is very simple and full of healthy vitamins, minerals and protein. This also serves as Anthony’s second cooking lesson and he did great with my instruction :).
Time: 20-25 minutes
- ½- ¾ pound Artic Char
- 1 c 15min Trader Joe’s Brown Rice
- 2 c broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pre-heat toaster oven to 400 degrees
- In the rice cooker/steamer, place 1 cup Trader Joe’s 15 min brown rice, 2 cups water and 1 tbsp minced garlic …. The broccoli florets in the steamer section.
- Line the baking pan with foil. Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Place fish on foil lined baking sheet. Top with garlic, dill, capers and juice of ½ the lemon.
- Once oven is preheated (about 10mins) place fish in. Cook fish for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- When rice is complete (rice cooker button should pop from cook to warm or once all water has evaporated) stir in basil and grapeseed oil.
- Plate fish, rice, and broccoli. Broccoli is great with a little Smart/Earth Balance. And I love a little fresh squeezed lemon on my fish.