Mmmm….who doesn’t love a rich and creamy chocolate shake? What if you could have one that is healthy for you and actually tastes good!? Too good to be true right?….not in my book! One of my missions in life is to create food that is healthy and delicious!
With my life being as on the go as it is I have to say probably at least one of my five meals a day is a protein shake. To keep it interesting I’ve come up with several recipes depending on my mood :). This has become one of my top. It also works as a delicious guilt free dessert!
First things first if you don’t have a great protein powder, find one! I have tried several throughout the years; some good, some bad…some crazy expensive and some more affordable. Last year I finally found mine, PlantFusion. I love it because it is free of most allergies (including my dairy and wheat sensitivities) and tastes delicious! PlantFusion can be pretty $$ at WholeFoods but is a great deal on Amazon.com and Vitacost.com. Whatever protein powder you find make sure you shop around!
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp gluten free oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted raw almond butter
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp shaved coconut flakes
- In a blender, use the ice crush function to break down the ice and banana chunks (this makes the blending process so much smoother).
- Add protein powder, chia seeds, oats, vanilla, almond butter, cocoa powder, and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add coconut flakes and blend for another few minutes to desired consistency. I love add a few extra on the top of mine!