I was first introduced to this very interesting lettuce last year by my dear friend Melinda. I love love salad but sometime I get sick of the arugula and spinach. This mache salad is super easy, great for sharing, perfect for lunch on the go, and a new flavor to the salad menu!
Serves: 2-4 (2 for main dish, 4 for side)
- 1 bag of Trader Joes Mache lettuce, washed
- 1 1/2 c sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 avocados (depending on size of avo)
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- black crushed pepper
- Pull off the root of the Mache lettuce (you can keep them on I just prefer them seperate).
- Cut avo meat into cubes.
- In a large bowl combine Mache, avo, and sliced cherry tomatoes
- In a small dish combine walnut oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over salad. Top with crushed black pepper. Toss salad.
- Serve up and enjoy! 🙂