Kale is packed with nutrition! Don’t let the thicker “lettuce” texture turn you off! Kale is full of antioxidants and phytochemicals (cancer fighting heros)! Kale also contains sulfur and sulforaphane….try saying that 5 times fast ;)…these two work together to boost the body’s ability to detox. Kale is rich in calcium, iron, and vitamins A, C, and K…plus 4 g protein and 3 g fiber per serving!
Kale can be prepped several different ways…cooked, raw or even baked! So versatile I know! 🙂
This Kale Power Salad is my new favorite. It keeps me full and keeps my mouth happy ;)!
- 3 cup cleaned chopped Kale (make sure to remove the thick steams that run along the leaf)
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado; chopped
- 2 tbsp sliced goat cheddar cheese (or soy cheese if you are vegan)
- 1/8 c roasted unsalted Pepitas
- 1/2 lemon; juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp Pink Sea Salt
- Combine Kale, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, and Pepitas in a bowl.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, basil, pepper, and salt on top of veggies
- Finish with lemon and olive oil.
- Mix and enjoy!