This past Sunday Anthony and I finally made it to the beach! I couldn’t believe it was already August and we had not been all summer…it should be in sin in Cali!
I absolutely love picnics and for this one I packed up:
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- GF DF chocolate chip cookies
- And of course lots of water!
Quinoa Chickpea Salad …. mmmm …. nutrition tastes so good!
- 1 c cooked cooled Red Organic Quinoa
- 1 can rinsed chickpeas
- 1/2 c chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/4 c crumbled goat cheese
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Juice 1 large lemon
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, chickpeas, artichoke hearts, red bell pepper, cucumber. Mix thoroughly.
- Top with goat cheese, garlic, basil, black pepper, grapeseed oil and lemon. Mix thoroughly.
- Rest for 2 or more hours in fridge or cooler.
And of course what’s a day at the beach without a little card game…War :)….had to share this exciting play :)….
It was such a great great day! Frisbee, food, cards, books….and napping! When was the last time you were at the beach? Perfect place to recharge!