Day 2 of my 3 day detox and feelin’ great! I slept amazing last night and I can already feel my body starting to repair itself. I have done a pretty good job keeping myself away from negativity and gossip and diving myself into my business and my clients!
So protein powder is a big deal with this detox…what’s the best? I love PlantFusion…and I highly recommend buying it from Amazon.com or Vitacost.com…purchase it at Whole Foods and you will end up spending twice the amount! On this detox it is best to have at least two flavors of protein powder. This will help you from getting bored and wanting to cheat…
Try to do 2 simple shakes per day…meaning just almond (or any nut milk), water, and protein powder. And one “beefy” shake! “Beefy” shake?? Try these:
- Chocolate Banana- 1/2 frozen banana, 4 ice cubes, 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder, 1 tbsp all natural no sugar added almond butter, 2 c raw spinach, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 2 tsp flax seeds, 1 c almond milk
- Blue Banana- 1/2 frozen banana, 4 ice cubes, 1/2 c frozen blueberries, 1 c spinach, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tsp chia seeds, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 c coconut water
- Mango Banana- 1/2 frozen banana, 4 ice cubes, 1 c frozen mango, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tsp flax seeeds, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 c coconut water
- Creamy Strawberry Banana- 1/2 frozen banana, 4 ice cubes, 1 c frozen strawberries, 1 c spinach, 1 tbsp almond butter, 2 tsp chia seeds, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 c almond (or any nut milk)
Veggie Fruit Blend…I love this one because it is super charged with vitamins…this is a great replacement for your blended shake or an addition if you feel weak on this detox
- Veggie Fruit Vitamin Blend- 2 c spinach, 2 c kale, 1″ chopped fresh ginger, 1/2 banana, 1 green apple, 1 c fresh OJ
So what else is there besides shakes?
- Any raw veggies- carrots, celery, cucumber, bell pepper…all these are delish on their own
- Raw fruit- keep this to 1-2 pieces per day (not including what you put in your “beefy” shake or veggie blend)
- Raw veggie salads…any chopped raw veggie salad topped with lemon juice, garlic, and 2 tsp olive oil….I love this Cucumber Tomato Salad (I actually ordered this at a restaurant…yes amazing you can actually eat out on this!
- Steamed veggies…these are much easier for your tummy to break down…great to have at the end of the night…steam any veggies and top with 2 tsp olive oil, garlic and black pepper…I have been doing a green bean and broccoli combo 🙂
Detox Drink….this is a detox and yes we do want to cleanse a bit. I prefer natural detox teas…here are two that I use and recommend. Use either ONE of these per day….
- Cold Dandelion Root Tea- 30 oz water + tea bag in fridge for at least 6 hours…then add 1/2 lemon (juice) and 4 tbsp all natural cranberry juice
- Hot Natural Detox Tea- have this tea between 7-8pm at night
** Remember you only need one!
Stay tuned for my last day check in tomorrow!