It’s Fall and the crisp mornings are here! What better than a nice big comforting bowl of oatmeal to start your day? Oatmeal is full of fiber that will keep you going all morning long and keep you away from that office doughnut or bagel! Now, oatmeal can have a strange texture and be somewhat boring when left on it’s own…so that’s why we doctor it up! Add a bunch of sugar and butter then right? Nope! Let’s add crunch and spice…ultimately let’s add more health with the right toppings!
- 1/2 c gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp white chia seeds
- 1/3 c chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 c walnut bits/pieces
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 c filtered water
- splash almond milk
- In a glass bowl mix oats, ginger, chia seeds, and water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add walnuts and apricots, mix thoroughly and microwave another 30 seconds.
- Let sit for 1 minute in microwave.
- Add maple syrup and almond milk. Mix thoroughly and enjoy!!