It’s almost 8pm here in Cali… I have had a delicious dinner, Stuffed Vegetarian Cheesy Eggplant :)…but I am craving some chocolate. During the week I try hard to stay away from sweets, keeping them a treat for the weekends only. But sometimes I just need to cave and tonight is one of those nights! But I don’t want to completely indulge and break all the rules I just want to TWEAK them :). The answer? Vegan Chocolate 🙂
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp for greasing
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- coconut flakes
- raw almond flakes
- goji berries
- Warm coconut oil until liquid consistency. If almond butter has been in fridge warm slightly to make mixing simpler.
- In a dish mix almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Slowly mix cocoa powder into liquid concoction.
- Grease ice cube tray; 12 slots.
- Slowly pour chocolate mixture into ice cube tray slots; 1/4-1/2″ in each slot.
- Add toppings (goji berries, coconut, almonds)… You can mix the toppings or keep them separate like I did :).
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until chocolate solidifies (4-5hrs) or if you are in “MUST HAVE CHOCOLATE” mode freeze (1-2hrs).
- Pop out chocolate and enjoy!
*** Warning!! Chocolate does easily melt at room temperature so do not leave out too long if you do not want a melty mess :).