It’s only Wednesday and I have already run out of my store bought almond milk; with my schedule I can’t get to the store til the weekend. I tend to go through a lot of the stuff as a private trainer, most of my meals are consumed on the go and protein shakes are perfect. I have no time or desire to rush to the store but still need fuel for the rest of the week, what’s a girl to do?
Pull out raw nuts and make her own!
It’s simple I promise! And actually so much better than anything store bought!
- 1 c raw walnuts
- 3 c filtered water
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place walnuts in small bowl/container. Cover with water. Cover and place in fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Strain the soaked walnuts and place in blender along with water, honey, and vanilla.
- Blend until very smooth. At least 3-5 minutes.
- Place in a storage container and keep in the fridge.
- Enjoy the deliciousness in shakes, coffee, oatmeal, or granola!