It’s January and most of us are trying to eat healthier as one of our New Years Wishes ;). This blog will help you eat healthier, live healthier and workout more efficiently! Food is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world! I love to experiment with different flavors and ingredients, I love when a dish turns out mouth watering, I love when people rave about stuff I have made, and I absolutely love tricking people into thinking a dish isn’t that great for you because it tastes soooo good to find out it really is healthy! Yes healthy food can taste amazing and be simple to make!
We start this year of with one of my favorite EAT-ANY-TIME meals! This open faced fried egg sandwich works for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! I have a special affection to this dish that goes back to college days after a night in my friend’s cabin after way too much Jose…those days I wasn’t obsessed with the healthy lifestyle so the sandwich used to be full of fake American cheese, butter, greasy bacon, mayo and no veggies! This sandwich is gluten free, dairy free, loaded with veggies, and I feel has way more tasty flavor!
It’s easy, it’s quick, it’s cheap and it tastes amazing!
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice Ezekiel bread
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp (or one block frozen) basil
- black pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp Grapseed Oil, shallots, garlic and basil to medium.
- Once shallots have softened add mushrooms.
- Add spinach, cover with a lid until spinach begins to wilt.
- Remove veggies and set to the side. Add 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil to pan. Crack 2 eggs directly into pan top with a bit of cracked black pepper.
- Cover and allow eggs to set a few minutes. Remove lid and crack the yolks.
- Cover and cook a few more minutes. Flip the eggs. Start the toast in toaster.
- Place toasted bread on plate. Add the veggies.
- Add the fried eggs.
- Top with hot sauce if desired. Dig in!