Let’s shake up lunch this week by fancifying your standard cold salad. It is winter, well in most states it is winter (Cali is a warm 80), and who really wants to eat cold food when it is cold out? So I created this warm triple green quinoa salad to keep your nutrition high, your insides warm and your taste buds excited!
- 2 c kale, chopped
- 2 c spinach, chopped
- 1 c broccoli, chopped
- 1 c tomatoes, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2-1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- In a large skillet heat in olive oil and shallot to medium until shallot is soft.
- Add basil, oregano, black pepper and broccoli to skillet. Mix thoroughly and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add spinach, kale and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5-7 minutes until greens have softened.
- Add quinoa. Mix thoroughly and cook an additional 2 minutes uncovered. Just to warm the quinoa.
- Serve up and top with goat cheese. Or put in a Tupperware for lunch this week!