Oh banana bread. I absolutely love banana bread! But with my gluten and dairy issues I have avoided it the past few years. Well the time has come to create a gluten free dairy free banana bread!
The smell. The soft texture. The amazing taste. The touch of sweetness. Who can say no to a fabulous slice of heaven?
To me there is truly no better snack, quick breakfast, or even dessert than this tasty pastry. Unfortunately the standard banana bread is pretty unhealthy as it is usually made with refined sugar, refined flour, and unhealthy fats. So I set on a quest of creating the same deliciousness that my mouth always enjoyed but with ingredients my body would appreciate!
I made mine in a few different dishes so I could experiment with fun toppings! This actually becomes a great little gift for your favorite friends. Anthony devoured the banana bread topped with almond slices and sliced Belgium chocolate and I enjoyed the banana bread topped with coconut flakes and Belgium chocolate.
Ingredients (4 servings)-
- 1 egg
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 1/4 c gluten free oats
- 1/4 c cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp apple cidar vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- dash pink salt
- topping suggestions- Belgium dark chocolate shavings, almond slices, walnut pieces, unsweetened coconut flakes, sunflower seeds
- Preheat toaster oven to 325.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Oil 4 ramekins (or use cupcake liners) with coconut oil.
- Evenly fill ramekins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until you pack the toothpick test!
- Remove and cool before enjoying.