Yellow squash is so very versatile. It can be prepared so many ways! One of my favorite ways to prepare this fabulous gift from the ground is baking it! Baked yellow squash becomes soo incredibly juicy and takes on whatever seasonings you decide to glitter it with! This baked yellow squash is the perfect side dish to any protein! Leftovers of this baked yellow squash also are great on top of a cold salad.
The ingredients and preparation may look simple… that’s because they are but they surely come together deliciously!
- Preheat toaster oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with olive oil.
- Lay Squash on baking sheet. Top with garlic, black pepper, and basil (as much or as little as you want). Drizzle squash with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until squash has softened and ends are a touch brown.
- Cool a few minutes before serving.