The spicy chicken fiesta bowl is the most delectable comfort food. If you are looking for that rub your belly feeling this spicy chicken fiesta bowl is your ticket! This dish is not one of those light summer salad meals that keep you running on your long summer nights. This spicy chicken fiesta bowl is the dish that warms your body from the inside out and makes you want to snuggle up by the fire. Yes warning this dish may make you a tad lazy; however, the spicy chicken fiesta bowl is packed full of hearty vitamins, minerals, protein, and healthy complex carbohydrates and will leave your body energized for tomorrow!
Why else do I love this spicy chicken fiesta bowl? It’s an easy one pot meal! Oh and the leftovers are almost better than the first batch as the flavors set up over night.
Here’s the magic…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c chopped fire roasted red bell pepper
- 6 oz salsa
- 1 can rinsed white beans
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 c diced cilantro + extra cilantro leaves as topping
- 1 diced shallot
- 2 c chopped broccoli
- 2 c chopped kale
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 c chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 c cooked brown rice
- 2 organic chicken breasts, chopped
- Optional- goat manchego cheese sliced thin
- Heat a large pot to medium.
- Add olive oil, garlic, cayenne, paprika, and shallot to pot. Stir evenly. Cook uncovered 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and broccoli. Stir consistently allowing ingredients to brown slightly, 3-5 minutes.
- Add kale, squash, and tomatoes. Stir consistently allowing ingredients to soften, 3-5 minutes.
- Add fire roasted red bell, white beans, rice, cilantro, and salsa. Lower to low heat. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes. Stir every 3-5 minutes. If mixture starts to bowl lower heat.
- Serve up and top with cilantro, salsa, hot sauce, and/or manchego cheese.