Welcome to Plank Challenge Week 2! If you have not tested out Plank Challenge Week 1 yet, click here to try out Plank Challenge Week 1 first.
This week we take our Planks Around the World series and add some leg and hip movement variations. These movement variations force your core to react. This reaction forces the core to stabilize. Since our deep core muscles are our stabilizer muscles we are strengthening our core! Tight core anyone? Who doesn’t want a tight tummy for spring?
Grab a mat or floor space and let’s get started! Each variation provides different levels; find the level that challenges your strength without causing you to compensate.
Follow along with these photos or the video below…
- Forward Plank with Alternating Knee Drops; complete 20 alternating drops.
- Side Plank with Hip Dip; complete 10 reps on each side.
- Reverse Plank Leg Lifts; complete 20 alternating leg lifts.
- Repeat series 3 times through.
- Repeat every day this week :).
You can also check out this video~
See you next week for some Plank Steps!