Happy Monday! It’s time for a new delicious recipe!
Last Friday I had a bunch of quinoa that I had pre-made earlier in the week but did not get a chance to use. Rather than tossing it I decided to put it to good use! I grabbed all the veggies I had in the fridge and created this simple-hearty vegan Baked Veggie Quinoa Bowl.
This randomly thrown together dinner has turned into one of my favs! The Baked Veggie Quinoa Bowl is also a great on the go lunch; heated or eaten chilled!
- 1 bunch of asparagus; bases cut
- 3 c cooked quinoa
- 1 c sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 sliced shallot
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp truffle oil (optional)
- olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat toasted oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil. Lightly drizzle each baking sheet with olive oil.
- On one baking sheet distribute asparagus and shallot; top with black pepper, sea salt, and a drizzle of olive oil. On the other baking sheet lay out mushrooms and cherry tomatoes; top with black pepper, sea salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place both sheets in oven and bake 20- 25 minutes, until veggies are fully roasted. Check on veggies about halfway through and rotate if necessary.
- In a microwave safe bowl mix quinoa, garlic powder, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, Grapeseed oil and truffle oil.
- Remove veggies from the oven.
- Heat quinoa mix in microwave for 2 minutes or until fully heated.
- Chop baked asparagus.
- Remove quinoa mix from the microwave and add in chopped asparagus, tomatoes, shallot, and mushroom. Mix thoroughly.
- Plate up and enjoy!