It’s officially the first week of June. In these hot days of summer I find my mouth watering at the sound of the neighborhood ice cream trucks. I remember as a kid during summer break saving up each week for treats from the local ice cream truck. Drumsticks, Big Sticks, Ice Cream Sandwiches, that crazy Strawberry Shortcake flavored ice cream bar…. I would jump for any of these. As I got older I realized just how not-so-good these sweet treats were for your body. I tried to give them up all together and well… that just was not very fun! But after eating so healthy I would feel terrible just 30 minutes after eating one of these delectable treats.
There had to be a solution! And I found several :). After much experimentation in the kitchen… I have found the simplest have been the best! This is one of my favorites especially for an after dinner treat!
The Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Banana!
- 1 banana, sliced length wise
- 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter (you can use any nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- Spread peanut butter on one of the banana slices.
- Drop chocolate chips on the peanut butter.
- Cap with the other banana slice.
- Wrap in foil.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or until banana is hard and frozen.
- Slice banana into bite size pieces.
- Enjoy. Store leftover slices in foil, zip lock, or Tupperware in freezer.
Now when I hear the ringing of the local ice cream truck instead of running outside I run to my own freezer :).