Cauliflower can be such a plain veggie. Growing up I ate it raw only if covered in Ranch dressing or steamed only when lathered in butter, neither of these methods being even remotely healthy.
The Cauli Facts-
The nutrients in this brainy looking veggie help support the body’s detox system, antioxidant system, and anti-inflammatory system. These three systems help the body function optimally and protect the body from illness and even cancer. The nutrients in Cauli have been linked to warding off such cancers as bladder, breast, colon, prostate, and ovarian!*
Cauliflower is somewhat taste-less on its own and will take on whatever seasonings you use. The fun about that is it is a blank canvas for you to play on!
I served this Roasty-Toasty Cauli with a big juicy burger so I wanted it to explode with flavor!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- garlic powder
- pink sea salt
- cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- Rinse cauliflower very well. Shake dry. Break into pieces then set on paper towels to fully dry. Slice the larger chunks of cauliflower for even baking.
- Preaheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread foil on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread cauliflower evenly on baking sheet.
- Season evenly with garlic, sea salt, cayenne (to your spice desires), paprika, tumeric, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Flip and stir cauliflower.
- Baked another 20 minutes.
- Check for done-ness by by poking a large chunk of cauliflower with a fork- should go in smoothly. If not done stir and return to oven, checking every 5 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and top with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Serve with your choice of protein, I picked this burger-
*Check out more Cauli Facts here: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=13