I have to be honest…
a few years ago when I thought of apple cider vinegar I thought, “marinade or salad dressing component”.
How I discovered the magic…
Like many great things I discovered the amazing-ness of apple cider vinegar out of sheer desperation. A few years ago, I had come down with this terrible sinus infection. I tried every natural remedy I knew but I just couldn’t get rid of the darn thing. I ended up scheduling an appt with the doc. At the appt he confirmed, sinus infection and sent me on my way with three prescriptions… one for a nasal spray, one for a day pill, and one for a night pill. I thought… really? 3? 3 prescriptions? 3 different chemical compounds in my body!? Plus I had just spent $30 on my co-pay and what would most likely be another $60-$90 at the pharmacy… all that could amount to $90-$120 day… a really nice outfit!
So instead of the pharmacy I went to google and began my research. I read several different natural remedies and reviews and found my healthy combination. Next I headed over to Whole Foods (not where I buy my regular vitamins because of their high prices but desperate times do call for prompt action), and picked up a few different supplies (apple cider vinegar being one) all for less than $30. Within a few days I was feeling like myself again! Plus no crappy terrible side effects, something I would have suffered with the prescriptions!
What is this stuff used for…
A boyfriend repellent…haha. Ya this is true. The smell of this stuff is quite strong and can be rough, Anthony almost runs out the door whenever I put it in hot water ;). This is the only real drawback of the magic apple cider vinegar (ACV), a side effect you can get used to.
- Sore Throat Cure– in a mug of warm water mix 1 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp ACV, and a couple dashes of cayenne pepper
- Digestive Balance– dilute 1 tbsp ACV in water or tea and enjoy pre-grub
- Clear Skin– pour a little diluted ACV on a wash cloth, rub on your clean face… this helps to neutralize your skin’s pH
- Toe fungus?– kill the fungus by applying some ACV to a cotton swab and directly on fungus
- Energy Boost– skip the 5 hour energy and add a shot of ACV to your afternoon water
- Remove the White Flakes– spray 50/50 mix of ACV and water into your hair then rinse… bye bye dandruff
- Itchy Red Skin– whether you are having a reaction to something or spent to much time in the sun toss a 1-2 cups in the tub and soak
- Aftershave– get rid of the aftershave burn with a mix of 50/50 ACV and water
- Sugar reducer– ACV has been shown to reduce glucose levels in diabetics; of course ask your doc
- Ear Pain– drop a capfull of ACV in the ear canal, lay on side for 20mins then flip, do other side
Where to find ACV..,
Apple Cider Vinegar is available and most health food stores and many grocery stores… I think even Target may carry it!
I usually order ACV here:
Want to learn more about ACV? Check out these awesome sources: