The Snacking Challenge
I eat 5-6 times per day and many of these meals are often on the go. I am always on the hunt for that tasty mid meal snack that can boost my energy and keep my tummy full. However, it can be truly difficult to find a ToGo snack bar that isn’t either full of ingredients I do not understand or is not pretty expensive.
The Snacking Solution
It was time to come up with a nutritionally balanced and cost effect snacking solution! After much tweaking and experimenting the PeanutButter Chocolate PowerBall was born!
The PeanutButter Chocolate PowerBall
- 1c gluten free oats
- 1/2c almond slices
- 1/2c walnut pieces
- 1/2c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2c vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp chia
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4c natural PB
- 1/4c honey
- In a medium bowl mix oats, almonds, walnuts, coconut, chia, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl mix vanilla, peanut butter, and honey.
- Mix the wet into the dry until consistency is even.
- Roll into small balls and place in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Then enjoy! Keep left overs in the fridge for later of snacking 🙂