Need a quick breakfast?… An easy on the go snack?… A boost after working out?
Try this delicious Summertime Smoothie!
1 cup coconut water
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 tbsp bee pollen
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup yogurt
Dash of cinnamon
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp protein
Honey (add to your liking)
Add ingredients in blender and enjoy!!
Green juice is the new black coffee, that is. Green juice is “on trend”… I am so thankful to see this healthy habit on trend!
Are you the type that needs that cup of coffee in the morning before you can function? Maybe you don’t really need the caffeine but really need some zesty nutrition. Try replacing some of your morning ritual with this green blend! Not saying that coffee is the devil but I believe you will be surprised with the amount of energy you receive from this deliciousness! Added bonus…this makes a great FAST breakfast on the go!
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 chopped pear
- 1/2 banana
- 2 c spinach
- 2 c kale
- 1/2 c fresh OJ
- 1/2 c coconut water
- Place all ingredients in the water and blend until smooth.
**Now if you still need your coffee go ahead and enjoy it mid-morning. It is so important to give your body the proper fuel first thing in the AM…a cup of complex nutrition opposed to a cup of acid on an empty tummy. Or try to replace your coffee a few times a week with a blast of nutrition.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! What a better way to serve your guests the morning of Turkey day than with a tasty holiday inspired breakfast?? This is what I like to call National Eating Day and you will be eating all day; so skip the morning pumpkin cinnamon rolls and give your guests a healthy start to the day!
And in this recipe you get to use your Homemade Walnut Milk from last week!
Makes 1 Shake
- Place all ingredients (except nutmeg) in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and Enjoy!
It’s only Wednesday and I have already run out of my store bought almond milk; with my schedule I can’t get to the store til the weekend. I tend to go through a lot of the stuff as a private trainer, most of my meals are consumed on the go and protein shakes are perfect. I have no time or desire to rush to the store but still need fuel for the rest of the week, what’s a girl to do?
Pull out raw nuts and make her own!
It’s simple I promise! And actually so much better than anything store bought!
- 1 c raw walnuts
- 3 c filtered water
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place walnuts in small bowl/container. Cover with water. Cover and place in fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Strain the soaked walnuts and place in blender along with water, honey, and vanilla.
- Blend until very smooth. At least 3-5 minutes.
- Place in a storage container and keep in the fridge.
- Enjoy the deliciousness in shakes, coffee, oatmeal, or granola!
Eating green is the way to go!! It is simple and delicious! This fabulous smoothie satisfies the taste buds as well as boosts your energy!
- 4 ice cubes
- 3-4 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 heaping cup frozen mango
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp white chia seeds
- 1 scoop unsweetened PlantFusion protein powder
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c natural orange juice
- unsweetened dried coconut flakes
Directions- EASY AS 1-2
- Place all ingredients; except coconut flakes in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a glass and top with coconut flakes.
Summer is not yet over ;)…well the summer weather that is! And this shake is the perfect taste to imagine enjoying some island time. The Mango Blueberry Protein Shake is great for breakfast, lunch, an afternoon pick-me up or even dessert! It is packed with health to keep you full and keep you alert 🙂
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/3 c frozen/fresh blueberries
- 1 c frozen/fresh mango chunks
- 1 big handful spinach (the bigger the better)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp unsweetened raw almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla PlantFusion protein powder
- 1 c coconut water
- 1 tbps unsweetened baked coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp dried goji berries
Directions (why I love protein shakes)-
- Place ice, blueberries, mango, spinach, almond butter, protein powder and coconut water into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, top with coconut and goji berries. Enjoy!
When I worked on the west side (Santa Monica) I used to LOVE getting shakes from this spot called Planet Raw. The shakes themselves were delicious and of course nutritious but also had the added crunch element … I am a texture eater so when it comes to liquid shakes for a meal sometimes my mouth feels deprived while my tummy feels full … so why not add some crunch and some more nutrition :). This is my absolute fav topping combo that can be used on really any flavor of shake!!
My 4 Ingredient SuperPower Mix-
- Dried Goji Berries- also known as woflberry is a great source of calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, selenium, B-2, and vitamin C
- Cocoa Nibs- looking for an energy boost or a mood elevator??? Chocolate in it’s strongest form is the answer :). Cocoa nibs are a great source of iron, magnesium, calcium, copper, zinc, and potassium
- Dried Mulberries- these sweet treats are a great source of iron, protein, vitamin C, and fiber
- Coconut Flakes/Chips- are a great source of fiber, protein and lauric acid (great for the immune system)
Why these four?? Well first the flavor combo is great…a little of sweet, a little of bitter, and a bunch of crunch :)…. also these ingredients are know for their antioxidant powers! We are consistently exposed to a variety of pollutants and free radicals and our nutrition must help us combat these cell destroyers!
How? It’s simple… grab a glass jar and combine all 4 ingredients in a fairly even ratio. It will keep at room temperature or to maximize freshness keep in the fridge
Enjoy!… Place a few spoonfuls on top of your favorite shake… I made my Chocolate Amazeballs Shake (https://nostovenoovennoproblem.wordpress.com/?s=Chocolate+Amazeballs+Shake&submit=Search) added the toppings… so good I had to check and make sure I wasn’t cheating!
Mmmm….who doesn’t love a rich and creamy chocolate shake? What if you could have one that is healthy for you and actually tastes good!? Too good to be true right?….not in my book! One of my missions in life is to create food that is healthy and delicious!
With my life being as on the go as it is I have to say probably at least one of my five meals a day is a protein shake. To keep it interesting I’ve come up with several recipes depending on my mood :). This has become one of my top. It also works as a delicious guilt free dessert!
First things first if you don’t have a great protein powder, find one! I have tried several throughout the years; some good, some bad…some crazy expensive and some more affordable. Last year I finally found mine, PlantFusion. I love it because it is free of most allergies (including my dairy and wheat sensitivities) and tastes delicious! PlantFusion can be pretty $$ at WholeFoods but is a great deal on Amazon.com and Vitacost.com. Whatever protein powder you find make sure you shop around!
- In a blender, use the ice crush function to break down the ice and banana chunks (this makes the blending process so much smoother).
- Add protein powder, chia seeds, oats, vanilla, almond butter, cocoa powder, and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add coconut flakes and blend for another few minutes to desired consistency. I love add a few extra on the top of mine!