The Snacking Challenge
I eat 5-6 times per day and many of these meals are often on the go. I am always on the hunt for that tasty mid meal snack that can boost my energy and keep my tummy full. However, it can be truly difficult to find a ToGo snack bar that isn’t either full of ingredients I do not understand or is not pretty expensive.
The Snacking Solution
It was time to come up with a nutritionally balanced and cost effect snacking solution! After much tweaking and experimenting the PeanutButter Chocolate PowerBall was born!
The PeanutButter Chocolate PowerBall
- 1c gluten free oats
- 1/2c almond slices
- 1/2c walnut pieces
- 1/2c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2c vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp chia
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4c natural PB
- 1/4c honey
- In a medium bowl mix oats, almonds, walnuts, coconut, chia, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl mix vanilla, peanut butter, and honey.
- Mix the wet into the dry until consistency is even.
- Roll into small balls and place in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Then enjoy! Keep left overs in the fridge for later of snacking 🙂
This tasty snack is also an awesome sweet tooth soother 🙂
Feel like you have no time to make a healthy lunch?
Think again! Try this quick and easy healthy lunch trick!
This recipe is quick, easy and filling.
No need for cooking, just grab go!
This recipe is also great for last minute dinner idea or an easy snack.
- 1 heaping handful of spinach, washed and cut
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup bruschetta
Place ingredients in bowl. Mix together, enjoy!
Could it be any easier?
Need a quick breakfast?… An easy on the go snack?… A boost after working out?
Try this delicious Summertime Smoothie!
1 cup coconut water
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 tbsp bee pollen
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup yogurt
Dash of cinnamon
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp protein
Honey (add to your liking)
Add ingredients in blender and enjoy!!
Summer is almost here! Which for me means lots of hiking, camping, and trips to the beach! I absolutely love summer and the fun activities that go along with this time of year!
To keep my energy up I love snacking on this fabulous Raw Trail Mix. This trail mix is good to keep your energy up, your taste buds satisfied, and your tummy from rumbling!
Get the recipe by clicking the link below…
Raw Trail Mix
Steaming, moist, soft and with a touch of sweet this Banana Bread is sure to wow anyone! In most situations as a fitness nutrition coach I would warn you to stay far far away from Banana Bread. Most Banana Bread is full of unhealthy sugars, fat, and white flour. But who wants to live without enjoying a warm slice of Banana Bread!? So I healthified it!
Try this delicious gluten free Banana Bread for breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
Click the link below and indulge this amaziness…
Gluten Free Banana Bread
Trail mix is one of the easiest grab and go snacks out there. However, many of the prepackaged trail mixes can be loaded with sugar and be just like eating a bag of Peanut M&Ms. Making your own trail mix is simple and fun! By creating your own trail mix you can create your own favorite flavor combinations!
This trail mix contains the perfect well rounded combinations of various minerals, crunch, healthy fats, and a burst of sweet. This trail mix is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. It’s so convenient and easy, it makes healthy snaking throughout the day a snap. Grab two large Tupperware containers for this mix, one for the office and one for home.
- 1 lb raw almonds
- 1 lb raw walnuts
- 1 lb raw sunflower seeds
- 1 lb raw cashews
- ½ lb toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 lb yellow raisins
- 1 lb dried cranberries
- 1 lb raisins
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Separate into Tupperware containers; one for the office and one for home!
Oh banana bread. I absolutely love banana bread! But with my gluten and dairy issues I have avoided it the past few years. Well the time has come to create a gluten free dairy free banana bread!
The smell. The soft texture. The amazing taste. The touch of sweetness. Who can say no to a fabulous slice of heaven?
To me there is truly no better snack, quick breakfast, or even dessert than this tasty pastry. Unfortunately the standard banana bread is pretty unhealthy as it is usually made with refined sugar, refined flour, and unhealthy fats. So I set on a quest of creating the same deliciousness that my mouth always enjoyed but with ingredients my body would appreciate!
I made mine in a few different dishes so I could experiment with fun toppings! This actually becomes a great little gift for your favorite friends. Anthony devoured the banana bread topped with almond slices and sliced Belgium chocolate and I enjoyed the banana bread topped with coconut flakes and Belgium chocolate.
Ingredients (4 servings)-
- 1 egg
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 1/4 c gluten free oats
- 1/4 c cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp apple cidar vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- dash pink salt
- topping suggestions- Belgium dark chocolate shavings, almond slices, walnut pieces, unsweetened coconut flakes, sunflower seeds
- Preheat toaster oven to 325.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Oil 4 ramekins (or use cupcake liners) with coconut oil.
- Evenly fill ramekins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until you pack the toothpick test!
- Remove and cool before enjoying.
Recipe of the Week/Snack of the Month!
We all remember the old school “Ants on a Log”! Let’s bring it back and health-ify it ;). I love this snack because it is super duper easy, cheap, travels well, and is mighty tasty. This snack is also a perfect snack with its combo of fat, protein, and carbohydrates.
We all work on our diets in January; why not bring an extra snack option? I hope you are snacking between meals; at least two per day. Keeps that metabolism furnace burning!
- Clean and trim celery (the icky ends).
- Fill with almond butter.
This weekend I helped one of my best friends prepare for her Stella & Dot Jewelry Party. My job was the food…my favorite job ;)! As the holidays quickly approach everyone is going to need some simple quick and somewhat healthy recipes ideas! This turkey roll up recipe is not only cheap and easy but healthy and delicious! This recipe also doubles as a quick high protein- low carb lunch on the go!
- 1 package organic free range turkey
- 1 c sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bag Arugula
- Black Pepper
- Dijon Mustard
- Lay out slices of turkey on a cutting board.
- Place sliced tomatoes in center of turkey slices.
- Sprinkle black pepper on top of tomatoes.
- Top tomatoes with a small handful of arugula.
- Put a small dab of Dijon mustard on one edge of the slice of turkey.
- Roll up turkey so that the mustard seals the roll closed. You can use a toothpick to be sure it is sealed.
- Serve with your favorite appetizers! Happy party in less than 30 minutes…
Simple, quick and easy! Sit back and enjoy your party!
Ever just feel like you need something crunchy? Almost like entertainment for your mouth….the chips, pretzels, and candy start calling your name….eek. This usually happens to me late afternoon… what do I do? Fancify some trail mix!
Major crunch, a touch of sweet, and a hint of cacao….
- Raw almonds
- Raw cashews
- Raw cacao nibs
- Roasted & unsalted sunflower seeds
- Dried goji berries
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
Make a glass jar full of this special mix and store it at your desk….enjoy 1/2 cup at a time. This mix has the combo of fat, protein and carbs that will fill you up ’til dinner time :).